Why is Social Media Marketing important?
It’s no secret that social media advertising is important for connecting with customers today and also helping you in business expansion. There are all sorts of important elements of a successful campaign, such as sharing posts regularly, including images, responding, and engaging with social media followers, posting a variety of content, and more. But another helpful way to increase your social media presence is through advertisement.
Running a social media ad campaign is a fantastic way to reach new customers. When you create an ad, you can determine exactly what type of user you want to target and place your content directly in their news feed.
In addition, the cost of running a social media advertising campaign is cost-effective; you can choose a daily budget or a set amount for the life of the ad, and then the platform will charge you a certain amount per click. Compared to offline advertising, the overall cost is much more manageable for small businesses.
However, is social media marketing really effective? Yes, it is. Here’s what recent research shows:
- 78% of social marketers surveyed said they’re either very satisfied or somewhat satisfied with the value Facebook Ads provide.
- Users who saw Facebook ads were more likely to search and click through to an advertiser’s website, with campaigns experiencing an average 6.3% lift in mobile search traffic.
- 60% of participants in a study indicated they’ve purchased from a business because of something they saw on Twitter.
- 43% of surveyed Twitter users plan to purchase regularly from the businesses they follow.
- 80% of North American brands agree or strongly agree that social media advertising is cost-effective and provides ROI.
- 44% of small and medium businesses use social ads for brand awareness.
- 41% of small and medium businesses use social ads to drive revenue.